In order to provide you with an easy, smart and free comparison service a assumptions are made when estimating costs and savings, including:
- We convert estimated costs and estimated savings to an annual figure to help you better understand the difference between each offer.
- Household circumstances vary, therefore our calculator does not assume seasonal variations. If you reside in the same home for 12 consecutive months we recommend you use 4 consecutive energy bills to factor seasonal variation in energy consumption.
- Our comparison reflects a point in time only. It is possible circumstances in the energy market will change, causing rates to vary and this may affect projected savings.
- Non-cash items are not considered when calculating estimated savings – only actual currency type prices and discounts are considered and included.
- Estimated savings displayed on the results page consider the first 12 months from the time of signup only.
- Unless the user selects a retailer, we assume the user is with the default retailer for the user’s postcode.
- Unless the user selects a plan name, we assume the user is on the retailer’s default plan.
- Different meters have different tariffs. When the user is unsure of the meter type, we assume a continuous consumption meter, the most common meter type.
- Final rates are to be confirmed by the energy retailer based on the meter type and its precise location.
- All figures displayed on our website are GST inclusive however the tariffs printed on your energy bill often excludes GST. To identify your true rate please add 10% to the tariffs printed on your electricity and gas bills where applicable.
- We endeavor to publish every offer from every retailer but we cannot guarantee it as some retailers choose not to share some data with us.
- We use our best endeavors to update the data on our system in a timely manner.
- Exit fees are not considered when calculating estimated savings. In the event the consumer is under contract when changing providers, an early termination fee may apply and should be deducted from the projected savings.
- Our search function is postcode and network distribution area driven. It is possible that in some circumstances the postcode alone is an insufficient indicator of your distribution network area. In the unlikely event that this occurs, the selected energy retailer will confirm your energy rates before any switch occurs.
- GoSwitch brings energy consumers and energy retailers together. Energy consumers can use the site to apply to the offer of their choice. Energy retailers may accept or reject the energy consumer’s application at their discretion. The chosen energy retailer will communicate the status of any application directly to the consumer.
- Our calculations assume a certain peak/off peak consumption ratio that is based on industry average.